Three Phase Electric Motor 37KW 2 pole with B3 mount - IE3 - EML 200L2-2
Three Phase IE3 Electric Motors
• 2, 4, 6 and 8 pole up to 315kW available complying to IEC 60034
• IEC 60034 specifies energy-efficiency classes for single-speed, three-phase, cage-induction motors with 2, 4 or 6 poles. It classifies three classes: IE1 (standard), IE2 (high) and IE3 (premium). For each class the efficiency is defined for a rated output range from 0.75 to 375 kW. In the European Community the IE2 class is mandatory for all new motors since 16 June 2011. The IE3 class became mandatory from 1 January 2015
• Premium efficiency - complying with IE3 efficiency levels according to IEC60034-30
• From frame size 56 to 355
• Manufactured from high grade cast aluminium alloy or GG25 Cast Iron with engineered grade plastic terminal boxes
• Multi-mount detachable feet as standard
• Full range of mounting positions available
• Voltage ratings of 380v / 400v / 415v
• 50 Hz or 60 Hz rated frequencies
Three Phase IE3 Electric Motors
IE3 - Premium efficiency (identical to "NEMA Premium" in the USA). Motor mounts are available from stock with special motors available upon request.
CHALLENGE series three phase asynchronous AC electric motors, are totally enclosed fan cooled (IC-411) squirrel caged type, with IP55 enclosure protection, Class F insulation and SI continuous Duty/Rating.
The motors are manufactured from high grade die cast aluminium alloy and come with multi-mount detachable feet as standard, which allows for various mounting positions to be achieved.
The temperature ratings are -15° C to +40° degrees C to a maximum altitude of 1000 metres above sea level. CHALLENGE motors have voltage ratings of 380v / 400v / 415v.
They have a rated frequency of 50Hz and 60Hz.
Connection is STAR up to and including 3kW and from 4kW and above the connection is DELTA, allowing for STAR/DELTA starting.
Standards and Regulations
Our three phase induction motors comply with the requirements of the following international standard:
Together with the Low Voltage Directive 73/23 (1973), modified by the Directive 93/68 (1993) and the EMC-Directive 89/336. They comply with the requirements of the EC Directive Machines 89/392. In accordance with this Directive induction motors are components intended solely for integration into other machines.
Commissioning is forbidden until conformity of the end product with this Directive is proved!
The CE symbol was applied for the first time in 1995.
Challenge motors conform to protection IP 55 / IEC 60034-5.
The standard design for horizontal mounting is suitable for indoor and protected outdoor installation, climate group temperature ratings -15° C to +40° C.
For unprotected outdoor installations, including all installations in severe climatic conditions such as high humidity, large storms, extremely dusty or aggressive industrial environments etc, as well as all vertical mountings, require special protective measures as recommended below:
• Protective cowl (for vertical shaft-down motors)
• For vertical shaft-up motors additional bearing seal and flange drainage
• Special paint finish
• Treatment of winding with protective moisture-proof varnish
• Anti-condensation heating
• Condensation drain holes
The special measures to be applied have to be agreed with the factory once the conditions of installation have been settled.
Unit of Sale; Per Unit
|Motor - Efficiency||IE3|
|Motor - No. Of Poles||2|
|Motor - Type||EML 200L2-2|
|Motor - Frame Size||200L|
|Motor - Power - kW||37|
|Motor - Speed 50Hz - Rpm||2973|
|Motor - Rated Current A at 380V||69|
|Motor - Rated Current A at 400V||65.5|
|Motor - Rated Current A at 415V||63.1|
|Motor - Power Factor 50Hz Cosφ 10%||0.87|
|Motor - Efficiency at Load - 100%||93.7|
|Motor - Efficiency at Load - 75%||93.7|
|Motor - Efficiency at Load - 50%||92.7|
|Motor - Rated Torque - Nm||120|
|Motor - Starting Current||7.4|
|Motor - Starting Torque||2.1|